Welcome to the Gallery. They say a picture paints a thousand words and they’re right. I believe pictures can also bring us into prayer space, perhaps when words won’t come or when words don’t seem to be enough.
This gallery of pictures can be used in a variety of ways. Firstly, have a nosy! That’s what we say in Belfast when we’re encouraging people just to look around and enjoy looking.
Secondly, you could use the pictures as a prayer resource. Here’s how:
- Click on an image that speaks to you in some way.
- Settle yourself down in front of the screen and get curious about why the picture speaks to you.
- Did it express something you’re feeling or thinking?
- Let your thoughts and feelings settle on this.
- Invite God into a conversation about this. You could simply let God know what it is you’re thinking or feeling today.
- Sit quietly and listen. Silence is where God speaks.
- After a few minutes see if there is a thought that arises within you to do something new today; something to bring consolation of spirit to you or to someone else.
- Allow some words of prayer to come to you- your own or a prayer/scripture piece that you like.
- End by thanking God for the time spent in prayer.
Let me know how you get on in the comments section.